Political Values

Monday, August 31, 2009

Political Values
 
A priest was being honored at his retirement dinner after 25

 years in the parish. A leading local politician and member of
 the congregation was chosen to make the presentation and give
 a little speech at the dinner.
 
He was delayed, so the priest decided to say his own few words

 while they waited. "I got my first impression of the parish
 from the first confession I heard here. I thought I had been
 assigned to a terrible place. The very first person to enter
 my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and,
 when questioned by the police, was able to lie his way out of
 it. He had stolen money from his parents, embezzled from his
 employer, had an affair with his boss' wife, taken illegal
 drugs and pickled his liver with drink.
 
I was appalled. But as the days went on I knew that my people

 were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine
 parish full of good and loving people."
 
Just as the priest finished his talk, the politician arrived

 full of apologies at being late. He immediately began to make
 the presentation and gave his talk. "I'll never forget the
 first day our parish priest arrived," said the politician.
 "In fact, I had the honor of being the first one to go to him
 in confession."

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Followers

About This Blog

A blog for SMS, Occasion specific SMS, New Year SMS, Diwali SMS, Holi SMS, Birthday Special SMS, Christmas, Id, Dusshera, Shivratri, Rakshabandhan, Independence Day, Republic Day, Lohri, Makar Sakranti, Festival SMS, Romantic SMS, Flirt SMS, Laughter SMS, Shayari, Teasing, Friendship, Miss U, Punjabi sms, Hindi sms & funny jokes

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP